Monday, June 23, 2008

A Lesson Learned...

I had quite the unexpected experience today, and I'm quite glad I did. There comes a time in some people's lives when certain pressures may build up due to that person's holding them in for so long, and it usually only ends in contention and hurtful feelings for the people involved. Such seemed the case with myself and another member of my family today, seeing as how there had been something bothering me that I just didn't feel I could tell that person, and when I finally couldn't hold it in much longer I decided to just barge out on that person without giving any explanation of my true feelings. Luckily, I had the chance to later sit down and talk with that family member, and truly express what I had felt, and had the oppurunity to listen to what they felt in return. I am so thankful that I did instead of just harboring such things inside, and so grateful for my Heavenly Father for giving us the means of communication by which we are able to resolve differences and conflicts without getting offended. I know that it was his guidance that I felt as I made up with that person and I am having a much better day because of it. This was truly a lesson learned, a lesson that I hope others may be able to learn as well as they seek not to argue with persons who don't necessarily understand the situation, but as they rather seek to have, as one sister in our ward said, "an understanding heart."

No comments: