Monday, October 13, 2008

Can't Fight That Feelin'...

Boy, these Sundays are just getting better and better!
There sure were some interesting talks in Sacrament meeting yesterday:

Brother Mark Zoglio, comparing the Atonement to a ham that keeps hitting him
in the back of the head (no "Leave it to beaver" comparisons though, at the surprise of some in the ward) :D

Brother Butler, who gave a very interesting talk about Scripture reading,
talking about how the story of Adam and Eve shows us that Satan tries to focus us on
what we don't have, as well as his speaking about the ironies contained within the BOM and the Bible. He also went into the figurative language contained within them(for example, "my soul hungered" and "the mountain of the Lord" in Isaiah). He went on to explain that we should not take such too literally, but should look at it from a poetic
view(Yay poets!).

Brother Brent Adams, who gave an inspiring talk about scriptures that have stayed with him throughout his life from his parents and have given him courage.

What REALLY got me though, was the lesson on charity in the investigator's class. I never felt the Spirit that much before in that class, I can tell ya. As I was reading the parable of the Prodigal Son with Brother Blankenbeckler, tears welled up in my eyes as the Holy Ghost witnessed to me that He did in fact love me, and showed me that it was telling my life story just in those few verses.

How grateful I am for the Sabbath day!

No comments: