Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Best Fast and Testimony Meeting Ever!

I can't even express with words what went on in our ward today, except to say that the Spirit was in abundance with everyone today. From the wonderful testimonies of those such as Sister Desmond and Brother Tew to the simple testimony of Garret, I was left with my heart full today after that sacrament meeting. I think that if there was one thing that stuck out to me this day in our discussions, and also in the Ensign I borrowed from the ward library, it is Gratitude.

I can not say how thankful I am to the Desmonds, who have taken me everywhere it seems and have been my support from the start. I have never met such a faith-driven sister as is Sister Desmond, and will be forever grateful for the things she has done for me.
To have Brother Tew as a young mens leader is more than any deacon,teacher, or priest could ever hope for, and the same goes with Brother Capener. Those two men have dedicated so much and sacrificed their time for us crazy boys, and I can't say how great it is to have ever met them. I only wish I could be the men they are.
I'd also just like to thank Garret for his testimony today. As short as it may have been, it carried with it so much meaning to me. It truly humbles me to know that one as young as him can have that knowledge of the Gospel, and makes me grateful to my Father In Heaven to have such children on this earth. I only wish I could have had that same knowledge when I was younger. He is the coolest.
Finally, I would just like to thank all those in the ward, who have helped me out each Sunday by their smiles and thank-yous. Besides the Gospel, It is because of the ward family we have that I go to church every Sunday to Georgetown. You are all some of the nicest and most amazing people I have met. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

P.S. Congrats to Taylor on his mission call! Good for you!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Dear Tony,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am touched by your deep love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so refreshing to see a young man who cares about spiritual matters in todays world!!
I have 2 brothers and one sister. I am very close to each of them however, none of them share the same beliefs as me and our lives are very different. They are not interested in religion. They often tell me that my life seems so complete, that I seem so much happier than they are. All I can say is that every thing good and wonderful in my life I can attribute to this wonderful Gospel.

If you ever get some time I would love it if you could share your conversion story with me!