Thursday, August 7, 2008

Quite a few things to say...


Well first off I just want to express how happy I am that I will be able to go to this year's ward picnic for the first time! Even better, Ron will be baptized previous to that and than have a picnic on top of it! It's what he calls a "Southern style" baptism :D

On another and much more serious note, I just wanted to express my sorrow and anger after watching a documentary about the Chinese government for their restrictive "one child" policy. It is causing so much strife (as well as kidnapping and black market child trade) among the people of China that it is truly heartbreaking. To just hear the parents and even some of the abducted kids talk about their experiences with it is enough to bring a guy to tears. While I sadly acknowledge that my ranting about it will not change the fact that it happens, I hope that I can at least make others aware of the cruel injustices these people face.

Finally(and don't worry, this is on a happy note), I would just like to draw attention to the fact that I seem to have an overabundance of Libera videos on my page.(See top picture) I realize that some might ask as to why, and I will herein explain...
As some of you may know, I joined the church just this last december(07), and it has been quite a journey since then. This choral group called Libera is very closely intertwined with my religious faith because of the fact that it prepared me, in one way or another, to come unto the Lord again and find my purpose in life. The music of the boy's choir came to me at a time when I was starting to yearn for answers as to where people go when they pass away(as my uncle had just passed at that time) and when I turned on the tv one afternoon I heard something I had never heard before, and it turned out to be the vocal group that has touched my life in more ways than I can imagine. Looking back on it now, I think it is one of the things that helped renew my faith in God and send me on the right path. I will be ever thankful to those boys, as I will be to those incredible missionaries.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I was 17 the first time I ever read the Book of Mormon. While I would read, I would listen to music that sounded very similar to Libera. It made the scriptures come alive for me. It is beautiful music and invites the spirit. It inspires one to greater kindness, greater virtue. It inspires godliness. The Lord has said, "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." D&C 25:12 There is no doubt in my mind that our Father in Heaven smiles upon you for delighting in such angelic music.

Tony said...

Thanks Alicia. I have always loved that scripture since reading it, and continually delight in the songs of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and other such lovely and heaven-inspired music. Thank you for your comment.