Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Historic Day...

I just had to say something about this wonderfully important day for the lives of Americans. I had the privelige of seeing the ending parts of the inauguration speech and the benediction, as well as the anthem, and words can not describe the feeling I got and still have. Whether they were my emotions or the Spirit, or perhaps both, I do not know. All I know is that I am honored to be just a small part of this day and to see the first black president sworn into the United States of America. All political views aside, I am proud and honored to live in a country where this day could be seen. It brings me back to MLK's speech about the promised land...I am sure that somewhere in the realm of the spirit world he was there that day...I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tear in his eye. May God Bless America, and help Obama choose what is best for his country. I give him my prayers, even while understanding that I do not hold all his views, as I wouldn't think a president would hold all of the people's views in the first place. I wish him the best on what surely is a long journey ahead.

Wooh! What a day...I think I've gotten a little bit of that nationalistic fervor my AP Euro History teacher was talking about :)

Well, that's it for now. I wish all the best this week in give my regards!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

It's awesome that we have come this far in history that a black man can be president of the USA. I think that's fantastic. I don't agree with everything Obama does but I will pray for him as I would any leader of our Country.